With the advent increase in the use of digital devices and the rising need for Networking leads to the relevance of different marketing strategies. To name one such marketing strategy which is an appropriate amalgamation of the prerequisites stated is Affiliate Marketing.
Like it is said the more the merrier!
This blog revolves around the concept of Affiliate Marketing which is indeed the need of the hour. Further highlighting its importance and focussing on one of the e-Tailer i.e. Amazon.
To enlighten yourself more, Keep Reading!
Affiliate Marketing- Meaning and Definition
In order to understand the term Affiliate Marketing, we need to understand the meaning of Affiliation. The term Affiliation simply means associating with a person or an organisation or an act of building connections.
So, Affiliate Marketing is nothing but a process by which an affiliate gains commission for marketing the products of another person or company. The affiliate looks for products in which they have interest and based on sales done earns profit accordingly.
Affiliate Marketing is an Advertising Model that primarily focuses on leads or traffic generation for the products or services being offered by the company. This is taken care of by third Party Publishers.
Talking of Affiliate Marketing in Australia which has Commission Factory which works as an Affiliate Marketing Network based in Sydney. This platform offers the affiliates with Reliable and accurate tracking, Real-time reporting, Full control and transparency along with timely weekly and automated payments.
How does Affiliate Marketing work?
Well, it can be divided into four easy appearing however, the implementation demands time and patience.
Firstly, the Affiliate puts the advertisement of the Product or Service on their website. This is followed by customer clicking on the ads and converting them. These conversions are tracked. The customer purchases the product or avails a service. This gets the website a sale and the affiliate a handsome commission.
Advantages of Affiliate Marketing
1) Flexible working hours: This provides the affiliate with Location Freedom wherein one can work as per their comfort. One can plan their schedule as per convenience.
2) Full-Time Passive Income: The online portals usually offer a 24*7 service. Hence, the affiliate can easily earn while travelling or not being actively engaged in the publishing process. This allows the affiliate to earn something called the Passive Income.
3) No prior experience required: Becoming an affiliate literally requires no knowledge pertaining to coding, sales techniques or any kind of Programming.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Beginners?
There are innumerable ways by which Affiliate Marketing Beginners in this domain can make money. One could be that the products are sold with PPC i.e. Pay Per Click , Solo Ads or on Social Media as well.
The key emphasis in the entire process to lay major emphasis on Marketing. This implies one should know how to win over the target audience and the entire experience would be a cakewalk.
Affiliate Marketing is a sequential process. The various steps involved in this entire process are follows:
- The very first step of this entire process is to sign up with an Affiliate Program such as a)Amazon Associates b)Commission Junction c)ShareASale and many more.
These are few of the Affiliate networks where one could promote as an Affiliate the numerous products available.
- Pick up a Niche you are interested in going for. This simply means to choose your specific niche market you want to promote and the group of people who would most likely be interested in promoting your products.
- One can never be successful without proper Time management and Strategy Formulation. So, the ideal time an affiliate is expected is spent is somewhat 2-4 hours a day and emphasis on the content
- Design a Landing page or a Website which is no more a Herculean task. All thanks to the advancement in technology.
- Now one needs to figure out the affiliate products which correspond to your niche or chosen specific segment. Always remember that Relevancy is the key to Conversion!
- Next on needs to divert the traffic either by Free traffic or Paid Traffic.
- Lastly and indeed the most awaited one Earn Money! You are ready to explore the world of clicks, conversions and sales.
How Much Commission Affiliate Marketing?
Here are some noteworthy aspects related with the money one could earn with Affiliate Marketing.
According to Business Insider, 15% of e-commerce revenue can be attributed to affiliate marketing (THE AFFILIATE MARKETING REPORT: How mainstream publishers are turning performance-based marketing into a ‘fine art’, 2015)
According to Business Insider, Amazon’s valuation of $356 billion is larger than Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Kohl’s, JCPenney, and Sears combined
If we talk of the average affiliate commission rate that would lie somewhere between 5%-30%. There are different parameters that affect the average affiliate rate such as i) the Industry which means the vertical that you would be promoting plays a vital role, ii) Price of the Product iii) lastly the value as seen by the company in affiliate marketing.
So, one must do an in-depth analysis and calculation of the amount of commission that most aptly suits your online Affiliate Marketing website.
How to Be An Affiliate Marketer For Amazon?
If you want to be an affiliate with Amazon, you need to follow these steps.
The first step is to log into the Amazon Affiliate Area. Click on “Become an Affiliate Link.” This will lead you to another page wherein you could fetch a lot of information pertaining to the Amazon Affiliate Program. You simply must click on the Join Now.
The next step is to enter your personal details. The form although quite lengthy is simple to fill. This is followed by the verification of your identity. Lastly, you get an option to choose the mode of remuneration either through gift cards, Direct Deposit or a Check.
How to Build A Site for Affiliate Marketing?
To build a website the first and foremost thing you need to do is Buy a Domain. The several places one could buy a domain are GoDaddy, NameCheap.
The next step is to go for a reliable and reputable hosting service such as HostGator, Bluehost, etc. Further, you need to install WordPress and set up a theme. Lastly create content for the website.
You are ready to engage yourself and earn yourself some money.
This write up has covered all the aspects one should know before becoming an affiliate. So, keep yourself updated with all the informative blogs we bring for you. We aim at updating you with the most current hot topic providing the most appropriate and useful content. This in turn emphasizes making the toughest and complex of concepts comprehensive for you. Keep following us for the most recent updates and topics.